Adirondack Mountain Club
Increase Website Visitor Action with Compelling Content
- Develop a website with a recognizable brand
- Persuasive call-to-action boxes inspire participation
- Spectacular imagery will lead to longer site visits
- Donation page shows donors what ADK will be able to do with their contribution
- Smart phone display is responsive, attention-getting and appeals to millenials
- Custom member page designed to increase website participation
- Tabbed content on lodging and special event pages breaks content into manageable chunks
- Online store uses WooCommerce plug-in in conjunction with Raiser’s Edge donor management system
- Complementary template design for ADK Chapters to maintain brand consistency
- See the site live at adk.org
The Adirondack Mountain Club is a nonprofit organization dedicated to advocating for and conserving natural places. With 30,000 members, 27 chapters and 36 year-round staff, ADK offers programs and services throughout New York State. Their old website was difficult to navigate; the dated design and poor smart phone display didn’t appeal to younger audiences; the imagery lacked spark, sharpness and people; and most importantly, it didn’t inspire visitor engagement.
Full Deck Design’s goal behind the image-intensive design of ADK’s new website was to increase visitor action—reservations, donations, volunteerism, and event registration. We created a contemporary, recognizable brand using ADK’s corporate green, a contrasting bright orange as a call-to-action signal and a triangle shape to point visitors to the most desired actions. To appeal to millenials, we used retina quality images of people actively participating in ADK’s programs and locations that display equally well on desktops, tablets and smart phones. We prominently positioned a donate button in the top center as a reminder that ADK is a nonprofit organization and relies on donations. The top of the donate page has visually persuasive images that show what impact a specific dollar contribution will make. Members are rewarded with a custom-designed dashboard to their most frequently accessed information. Their prolonged site visits will help improve ADK’s site rank. The site was expertly built by Next Step Digital in WordPress. NSD migrated select information from the old site and related blog sites. They chose WooCommerce as the ecommerce solution because of its ease-of-use and compatability with Blackbaud. To reinforce the new ADK brand, a complementary designed WordPress theme was developed for ADK Chapter use.