CONCEPT:Responsive Ecommerce Site for Small Business
- Ecommerce WordPress website interfaces with PayPal business account
- Store functionality includes automatically generating related products
- Product detail pages include a field for site visitors to ask a question
- Home page features slide show of distinctive items for sale
- Tech savvy client saved money by inputting site content
- See the site live at: http://www.childlit.com/battledore/
CHALLENGE:Battledore, LTD sells books, collectibles and propaganda. Their old website was built many years ago and though the owners were able to modify the HTML in-house, it was not a simple process.
SOLUTION:We knew we were going to love this job the moment we saw that Battledore’s logo features a custom illustration by Maurice Sendak—of Where the Wild Things Are fame. The book-eating monster proudly sits on the site’s nav bar. The home page features eye-catching photos of their most distinctive items for sale.
Full Deck Design partnered with Next Step Digital on this WordPress ecommerce site that interfaces with Battledore’s PayPal business account. The ecommerce plugin automatically generates an upsell list of related products based on the type of product being displayed. Since most products are one-of-a-kind, each product detail page also includes an area to ask questions about that particular product. Battledore was able to reduce the overall cost of web development by having a staff member input the product content.