CLIENT:Catholic Charity Community Services of Dutchess County
CONCEPT:Prominent Call-To-Action Buttons Direct Site Visitors
- Appeal to main target audiences with clear call-to-action buttons and photo links
- Warm, welcoming color palette reflects mission to minister to all people in need
- Stories of Hope examples of how CCCSDC has helped people persevere through tough times
- Curved shapes of home page slide show echo the river in the CCCSDC logo
- All materials shown in two languages—English and Spanish
- Volunteer sign up and donation forms help streamline administrative tasks
- See the site live at catholiccharities-dutchesscounty.org
CHALLENGE:The Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of New York responds locally to the needs of those struggling to make ends meet and offers immigration services and in order to identify new resources to support these programs and expand the involvement of community members, Catholic Charity Community Services of Dutchess County (CCCSDC) became a separate non-profit organization and hired Full Deck Design to develop a logo, print materials and a website. Read about the complete brand.
SOLUTION:CCCSDC’s mission of compassion and respect for people of all backgrounds was the driving force behind the design of the website. FDD chose a welcoming color palette and easy-to-read font choices. Site visitors meet real people who have benefited from CCCSDC’s services on the inspiring Stories of Hope page. To communicate clearly with the local population, all materials are in English and Spanish.
We partnered with Next Step Digital to develop the site. WordPress was selected as the best solution for its ease of use and short learning curve for their small nonprofit staff. The bilingual feature of the site allows search engine optimization for both languages. Clear call-to-action buttons and the Quick Links widget areas make it easy to find key information quickly. To help streamline administrative tasks, NSD created custom forms to handle volunteer signups and donation options.