CLIENT:The King Advantage
CONCEPT:Develop Web Content that Appeals to Your Target Audiences
- Video and interactive content appeals to student demographic
- Parents want written information or facts and figures
- Modular home page shows quick reasons to consider The King Advantage—photo-based animation, recent news post, video post and testimonial
- Reduce startup costs by purchasing a existing WordPress theme with customizable layout features and responsive design functionality
- See the site live at thekingadvantage.com
CHALLENGE:After nearly 20 years working as a high school guidance counselor, Linda King was ready to help students on a deeper level. She decided to open a private practice that would allow her to spend more time with two groups—college bound students and students facing school challenges. When we met, she needed help with naming her company, writing a tagline, designing a logo and corporate identity and developing a website. Read about the complete brand.
SOLUTION:The college consulting business is growing in the United States. We wanted to give TKA every opportunity to be heard—by students and parents. To appeal to students, we included an informational video page where they can hear advice from college kids on a variety of relevant topics as well as an interactive page that shows where TKA students have been accepted into college. To appeal to their parents, we included a powerful group of dynamic content categories—testimonials, success stories, paying for college and college news. The modular home page appeals to everyone showing a glimpse of each type of site content.
To keep start-up costs to a minimum, FDD recommended purchasing an existing WordPress theme rather than developing a custom website design. The Specular theme we chose has built-in responsive functionality that automatically adjusts display for phones, tablets or desktop devices.